Thursday, August 13, 2009

"At the Net" with Shay Gracy


Our season is finally here. No more lifting weights daily and running out in the hot sun on the football field. We are officially in our element - inside Wisdom Gym and on the Texann volleyball court. We have filled out all of our compliance papers, completed our annual physicals, and have finished four workouts in two days.

The first night of practice was absolutely awesome!! The energy in the gym was bouncing off every wall. Everyone was jumping out of their shoes, putting heat behind the ball when swinging, and touching balls that most wouldn’t usually be touched during the first workout.

I personally am super pumped about this season. There is a special feeling that over comes me when it comes to this volleyball team. We have nine returners and every single girl gives something special to this team. We are all extremely close - on and off the court. The six new comers are awesome and they have the potential to be the missing pieces to the puzzle in order for us to reach our goal of winning conference championship. We have a very tall team this year. It is so nice to look to my right and to my left and see five other girls just as tall as me. We are going to be huge this year on the front row and our back row defense is so quick nothing is going to get past us. We have the determination and the drive this year to bring home Tarleton's first-ever conference championship.
These last two days have been AWESOME!!!! Our first practice was the best first practice since I have been at Tarleton. It gives me chills when I think about it. I can’t wait to see what is going to happen this season. We are going to do great things and its going only up from here!

No comments: