Monday, August 24, 2009

"At the Net" - with Shay Gracy

Well, we have finally completed two-a-days.

I honestly cannot believe that I just completed my last two-a-days as an athlete. I am a little sad, but my excitement about the start of our season - in four days - overwhelms the sadness. As we have finished two-a-days, things are finally coming together. The chemistry that we have been looking for was shining through on Saturday’s practice. Everyone walked away with a positive outlook following the practice.

I am very excited that we leave early Thursday morning (around 6 a.m.) and start our adventure towards Nebraska. I can’t wait to put on that purple jersey with “Tarleton” written on the back and represent the university the way that I know we can. The competition is going to be tough, but that is what we need to become prepared for conference play. Our conference is very strong and every win is worth it. Our first match in Nebraska is against Nebraska-Omaha. The match is going to be a little crazy simply because neither team has played each other before - and it is the first match of the season. So no one really knows what to expect, but on the flip side that is what makes it just as exciting.

School started today and it was crazy. I went to go do my weight workout and it took me ten minutes to find a parking spot. I ended up parking on the visitor’s side of the football field house. I had forgotten how packed the first day of school is because my graduate classes are always held in the evening. We have practice this afternoon at 3:15 and I am super curious to hear about everyone’s first day of school stories. There are always the stories about how “my schedule rocks and it’s going to be so easy.” Contrasting that there are the stories about “holy cow, I have to get out of this class.” Then there is my story – well, I didn’t have class today so all I did was run errands and wait for practice to come around.

Anyways, as you can see our season opener is just around the corner and I do have some preparation I need to do on the “team talk” that Rachel wolf and I are going to give prior to the games this weekend!!!

Go Texanns!!!
Shay

No comments: