Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dingler talks: Jan. 19, 2009

So second conference game was on Saturday. We had a little shoot around that morning to get ready for the game and I thought we were prepared. Former TexAnn Katie Crawford showed up to shoot around to tell us all good luck as she stopped to say "hello." It was nice to see her.

The trip to San Angelo wasn't too bad, only 3 hours and this time we had plenty of time to warm up and get ready. After our loss to Kingsville we knew we had to step up and win this game.

Starting off the game both teams seemed to drag a little - it wasn't until after halftime that everyone started to play together and seem to go all out.

Every time I have played Angelo, it has always been a tough game and always a close one. It comes to within a few points and that's what happened on Saturday. It came down to defense and I thought as a team we did a great job. We worked in the last practices on defense and that helped us. At the end we didn't have enough points to win. I missed a free throw and I tried to take a charge - but I was called for a block instead. Believe me - I'm disappointed! But we just have to forget about this one and get ready for the next game on Wednesday. It's going to be tough game and a really long ride to get there - Eastern New Mexico!

Thanks for all the fans who came on Saturday. We appreciate it! See you soon.

Till then Go TexAnns!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out D! Good luck on Saturday. I'll be listening. Beat WT! :)

D'Anna said...

Your welcome Katie!!! Thanks :)