Thursday, January 15, 2009

Dingler talks: Jan. 14, 2009


Getting up this morning and heading to shoot around we all had one thing in mind and that was this game tonight. First conference game of the year, it's a big deal. I believe it sets the tone of how conference will go. We had a shoot around this morning and we knew we couldn't take this team too lightly. All of us were excited, and ready to make our mark in the Lone Star Conference.

During the game I thought during the first half we played real well! We had the momentum going into halftime but Kingsville wasn't going to go anywhere! They came out the second half and shot really good and took over the game. We couldn't score it seemed like! JoAnne and Shelby did great - JoAnne with 25 points and Shelby with 18 points and 8 steals. It was awesome. I feel like the whole team did very well tonight, I thought we never gave up and played our hardest.

I believe that the Lone Star Conference is one of the best, most competitive conferences that is out there. Any game on any night with any team anyone can win. Playing all my years here I have witnessed how important each game is and can be. But unfortunately tonight we didn't pull out on top!

Emotions are high right now, everyone is sad, mad, angry and upset that we didn't win tonight and that is understandable. We wanted this game and we didn't give up. But in reality we have to put this game behind us and focus on what is coming up with Angelo State on Saturday and again it is another conference game that we all need to be focused on. We have two full practices in the next two days and we will do nothing but get better and be ready on Saturday.

Thanks for all the fans who came tonight, the gym was full and it was a fun game to play in front of everyone. Tarleton has so much spirit and support it is a great atmosphere to play in, I love it! We will see you all on Saturday when we play Angelo.

Till then, Go TexAnns!!! :)

1 comment:

Baby Texann said...

Ms. Dingler,
My dad and I watched yalls game on the net the other night, tough loss:( But keep your heads up. Dad always tells me that everyone will get knocked down at some point but champions ALWAYS get up. I can't wait to come and see yall here in angelo on Sat. night. My team has a game that day, we are undefeated so far this season!:) But we will be in the stand that night. I hope to bring some of my teammates with me to help cheer yall on to VICTORY!! Good Luck!!!!....K