Thursday, February 26, 2009

Dingler talks: Feb. 26, 2009

Last night was the weirdest start to a college game that I have ever seen! We started our game an hour late due to referee issues. It was very nerve racking and a bit of a distraction. So with that, we had to re-focus and get back to doing what we do.

The game didn't start off exactly the way we wanted it to - Kingsville began the game with an 8-0 run! But, we settled down and got a good lead going there in the first half.

Kingsville came back and gave us a run there in the second half and were not going away, but we were able to come out on top!!!

Everyone played so well last night and with tons of heart! Sonya couldn't miss anything and JoAnne kept us in there at the post spot. But one girl that I want to point out is Morgan Stehling! She stepped up at a position that she hardly ever plays and did an awesome job. I was very proud of her!

A win made the bus ride home a lot easier.

Saturday will be a HUGE night for TexAnn basketball! We pretty much control our own destiny Saturday. We have to win to get into the LSC tournament! It will be a good game. We lost to Angelo State the first time we played them by just a point.

Also, Saturday will be my last home game to play! It's very surreal to me that everything is coming to an end for me. I really wish every little girl out there wanting to play basketball in college gets to have the chance that I did at Tarleton!

But as the saying goes, all good things do come to an end :(!!!

I hope all of you can come out on Saturday and support us! We are going to need it! See ya there.

Till then Go TexAnns!!!!!!!

No comments: